Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Peace

With everything we have going on right now, one thing I was not expecting was the results of the Presidential election. I along with many other Americans was truly heartbroken that our current President won re-election. I only say this so you can kind of get a glimpse into my current state of mind.   I should also back up a year and say that ever since TOFW came to Reno last year and I knew it was scheduled to be in Sacramento, CA this year I was determined to go. Fast forward a year and as I have stated before John had knee replacement surgery at the end of July. I had talked to a friend a couple of months before that about having her go with me and thought it was all set. Well when I contacted her in August before I bought my tickets to go, I found out that she would not be able to attend. I was crushed. Especially since I didn't feel comfortable with driving over the hill to a city I really don't know that well to go to this event by my self so I decided not to go. I was really bummed but figured life goes on and there is always next year.
Right at the time that our fight with the insurance company began I found out that TOFW leaders had decided to do a live stream of the Salt Lake City event over the internet. And the Best part was it was for free. No I wouldn't get one of the nifty tote bags but it was the spirit of the speakers messages and the music that I was really wanting. Well I was lazy I admit and didn't make it a priority and missed out. I found out Monday morning that they decided to put it up for two more days and I knew that this was Heavenly Fathers way of saying I gave you one chance and you screwed up but because I love you and because you are a faithful daughter, Im giving you this second chance to hear what I need you to hear. So I told John I needed to do this and he agreed.
As the election results began to come in I knew what was going to happen so I turned off the TV and turned on my computer and began to listen and watch. And I watched all day today in between doing my daily must dos around the house. As John and I sat and talked late this evening we both said that for tonight at least in this small moment we feel peace in our home.
I have a testimony that our Heavenly Father does know each and every one of us and what we are going through and if we turn to him for comfort he does hear and will help us. While I know we have to have faith and be patient its hard to remember that the results we are waiting for are truly in the Lords time and not ours. While we don't know what will happen I am grateful for an amazing husband who has made it a point to have a substantial savings that can get us through for a couple of months if we are careful. Im also grateful we have food storage that so far has fed us with the exception of a couple of items we have had to purchase. Im also grateful for a father who was inspired to send an email out this morning to offer fatherly/brotherly advice..

No comments:

Post a Comment