Saturday, July 19, 2014

Thoughts and Observations

Over the past several weeks I have seen many of my friends and acquaintances face major challenges head on. Then I have seen other people I know complain about really trivial things such as not getting something like a drink or having someone do what they wanted them to do.  As I have sat back and watched all this I have started to put things in perspective and decided that Im going to work on not complaining about silly things.
Over the last several years I have lost 12 dear friends. Twelve. I have learned something from each of them and I smile when I think of them and I know they are looking down on me.  I have friends dealing with physical challenges that make my own look small in comparison. I have friends and family that have lost children, that keep moving every day. I deal with people on a daily basis with my job that have very little and even some who are homeless. When I look at all this it makes me grateful for all I have and for the lessons I have learned. Yes not being able to get our favorite beverage or to see a movie you want is not fun, but when you put everything in perspective it doesn't matter and well. I don't think any of the rest of us want to see complaining. Lets stop complaining about the little things in life and look at how we can change. How can we support one another. Whether its having a long distance conversation with a friend  who just needs a listening ear or helping friend with her kids or even keeping those who are hurting more than we ever know in our prayers. I apologize if this offends anyone but its how I feel and life is way to short. We don't know how long we have to make a lasting good impression on those around us.
Lastly I want to thank my friends that make me smile. To my friend Amy from HS you are awesome and I wish we lived closer because you are just amazing. Know that all of you are important to me and I do see what you do and who you all are.
Lets work on improving the lives of those around us and make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment