Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Roller Coaster that has been our lives

Oh where to begin. I didn't realize until I logged on to do this post that the last post I made was the day
 John started his Job with ALS. So much has changed.I have felt like I need to share our story for a while but didn't until David Bednars talk in General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints talk in the Saturday Afternoon session. I can testify that what he taught is true because we have lived it more than once over the last year and a half.
 For the last few months John had been working at ALS and at the same time was looking for other jobs. Three weeks ago he applied for a job at the beginning of the week, got a call that the Stake Presidency. I have to add that we knew at the time that there was going to be a change in the bishopric. For my non LDS friends the bishop is the leader of our congregation and the has two counselors. The stake president is over all the congregations in a specific area. I hope this makes sense. I apologize if it doesn't.  Anyway back to the story. John was scheduled to meet with a member of the Stake Presidency  on that Thursday. He came home that night and told me he was going to be put in as the second counselor. The following Tuesday he sent me a text message while I was at work telling me he need to talk to me. I called him and he told me he had been let go from his job at ALS. Right after he was let go he had a phone interview with a company. The next day he had an in person interview. In the meantime our health insurance was supposed to end at midnight the night he was let go. One huge blessing was that it wasn't cut off until that Thursday after he was let go. We were able to see his Sleep Apnea doctor and get some replacement parts before the insurance was cut off. He was set apart in his new position the day our insurance ended and then the very next day he was offered a job with the company he interviewed with. So he was unemployed for a total of 72 hours. We  know that Heavenly Fathers hand was in everything that happened. We know that John could not have kept the job he had and do his new position in the church at the same time. I am fortunate to work for a company that will allow me to get Health Insurance before enrollment.
We are very grateful for the many prayers that have been said on our behalf and for the support of both of our immediate families. We didn't share what was going on with but a few people.
This is part of the reason I took a break from Facebook. Theres a lot of reasons why I stepped away, too much drama and negativity and well life has been stressful. Im thankful for the few people who checked on me and wanted to make sure I was ok.
I have a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that when John and I do the things our Father In Heaven wants us to do that our lives go much better. I will never make any apologies for sharing my knowledge of this.
John starts his new job tomorrow so prayers for a successful day are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment