Thursday, March 1, 2012

Had to share

Several months ago I bought President Thomas S. Monsons' biography for my Kindle. For those of you who are not of my faith he is the the president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Anyway, in the last couple of months I really put forth the effort to read the book. I found that if I did it while on the treadmill at the gym that my workout went better and I had a calmer spirit.
I have always loved this man and have known how wonderful he was, but after reading the book I have come away with a true testimony that if each of us tried to live our lives in even the smallest way that this world would be a much better place. He truly loves everyone and uses kindness and charity to others to teach simple lessons. I learned that if we love someone we are more likely to help produce change than if we are domineering and forceful. I honestly believe that these lessons apply no matter what your religious beliefs are. So my challenge to all of you out there is to show a little more compassion and love to those around you this week and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment