Monday, January 31, 2011

Carrot Cake and a New Arrival

So lots of good things going on with us right now. First off, I decided last Sunday that I wanted to try to make a Carrot Cake that was more Diabetic Friendly that the ones you find at a bakery or a store. So I went online to DiabeticLiving.Com ( I think thats the website) and found one. It has about 25 carbs per serving which is a lot but not as much as if you have a regular one. I had a blast and it was very Yummy and Yes I made it from scratch.

Our next bit of news is that we adopted a new dog. We have named her Sophi. John and I talked a lot about whether or not we wanted to get another dog. In the end I told him I would love another one but it was up to him as to when and if we got one. On Saturday morning he went online and found a dog that caught his interest. She was a bigger dog, slightly smaller than Cheyenne was but he decided he didnt want to go look at her on Saturday. Well yesterday he said he was going to "go get a paper". Well 20 mins later I got a text with a picture of one dog and then a few mins later he sent another with one of Sophi. He then called and said I needed to drive down. So I did and we decided she needed to be part of our home. Shes 4 and came up to Reno from Las Vegas. Shes a Fox Terrier Jack Russell Mix. So far shes very mellow. We have to work on her not eating our food and getting her to tell us when she has to go potty but so far shes wonderful. She is potty trained its just knowing when she has to go out. We have found that she is small enough to get threw our front yard fence so we have to watch her carefully. Below are some pictures of her.








3 comments:

  1. Well she sure is cute. Looks like Sirius. Jealous...I want a dog. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a cutie! And yes, she looks a whole lot like Sirius! They should meet someday, I'm sure they would get along grand! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sure they will meet someday. Shes very mellow. Suz you will have one some day..We are talking about comming to Utah and will bring her when and if we come.

    ReplyDelete