Thursday, July 9, 2009

Registering oh what fun!

As many of you know I spent 4th of July weekend with John. I was blessed to finally get to meet his parents. They are very nice people and I look foreward to getting know them better. It was nice to get away from the humidity of Oklahoma and the 100+ degree temps. It was so nice that I hated to leave. If you don't believe me ask John. He will tell you. Yes Eloping did cross our minds, however, I had to listen to the spirit to know that when and how we are getting married is how its supposed to be.
The biggest wedding thing we took care of was doing our wedding registry. Little did we know what a task this would be. I had made a mental note before I left as to what I thought I wanted and didn't want ect. His parents went with us and after we got done at the first store his mom could tell I was hurting. For those of you who don't know, I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis so being on my feet for 2 hours about did me in. We waited several hours to go to the next store which was both good and bad. There were a number of reasons which I won't go into here. I think John had more fun at the next store than I did. Its amazing at how many things we agreed on instantly. I don't think this happens much so I'm greatful for this blessing I have with him. Im excited to make a home with him and start our lives together.
We are officially registered and although we may make some changes I'm very glad that part is done. YES you can send/buy gifts seeing as my stuff isn't getting shipped till right after we get hitched. I would rather get a gift than a gift card :)
Now the hard part. Waiting till the end of August for our next visit.
PS we also had our pre-marital counseling so we can get our cheap marriage license and passed with flying colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment