Friday, May 27, 2011

Crusie News

I have been wanting to share the pictures and a video from our cruise for a while, it was just a matter of being patient waiting for John to upload the stuff to our server. About three weeks ago or so John and I along with my parents went on a cruise to the Western Caribbean. We had a blast. I did things I had not done since I was a kid including going down a water slide at a pool in Belize. In Costa Maya we saw Mayan Ruins, in Roatan we learned about the native people and Yes I was picked do dance with the dancers. My mom was picked as well, However she sat down before either my husband or father could get a picture. In Cozumel we went snorkeling. It was the first time I had done this and I'm totally hooked. My lifetime goal is to someday learn to Scuba dive. The ocean is such a magical place. The Snorkel guide for our group was so very kind and loving and caring with my mom. As my family knows she doesn't swim very well. She wanted to snorkel so badly but was afraid that she would not be able to do it and therefore wouldn't have fun. The excursion we picked was a shore side snorkel where we started from the beach. Our guide Dee Dee (a male) stayed by my moms side the entire time and pulled her around via a lifeguard can. Needless to say he now holds a special place in our hearts.
On a spiritual note one of the most amazing things we learned about was the "Tree of Life" that was important to the Mayan people. My thoughts instantly went to the Book of Mormon. My testimony of the truthfulness of this book and its teachings was strengthened. I know that some of you who read this do not share my faith and that's OK. I hope you at least are able to get a sense of how important my faith is to me and get a small glimpse into that side of my life. A very important side that sadly I don' think I vocalize very much and need to work on doing so more. I have included a video and a few pictures below.. Enjoy











No comments:

Post a Comment